Do you have Engineering drawings, Planning files or Financial files on microfilm?
Do you struggle to find the information that you need quickly and easily?
Have your microfilm readers and printers become obsolete?
Using the latest microfilm scanning equipment Quantor can scan your microfilms for you to help overcome the problems of finding, viewing and copying the information.
Once scanned the files are saved as PDF which can then be printed or emailed using normal computer systems.
The formats of microfilm that we scan are:
- 16mm Microfilm – A roll of film that is stored on a spool or in a cassette used for documents up to A3 in size.
- 35mm Microfilm - A roll of film that is stored on a spool for documents that were between A2 and A0 in size.
- Microfilm jackets – These are plastic jackets 6x4 inches with small strips of 16mm / 35mm film mounted in them with an eye readable title strip that is sometimes in colour.
- Aperture Card – A single piece of 35 mm film mounted in a card.
- COM (Computer Generated Microfiche) are a single piece of film that can have between 224 frames or 270 frames per fiche.